This cake might seem complicated at first look but its not hard to make, however it takes time due to that it has to be refrigerated in between the various steps of the cake.
This cake can easily be made one or two days in advance. However I would recommend making the sauce a couple of hours before serving.
This cake is a bit sour, but sweet in the same time, its a perfect cake to serve after a nice dinner or to make as a birthday cake for a grown up. the chocolate cake is very rich and combines perfectly together with the mousse.
3.5 ounces/ 100 g melted butter
2/5-cup / 1 dl flour
4/5 cup 2 dl sugar
3 tbsp. cacao
1.5 tsp. vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
3.5 ounces/ 100 g, good quality, melted dark chocolate
Peel and juice from 1 large lemon
3 egg yolks
4/5 cup / 2 dl icing sugar
4 gelatin sheets/ leaves
1 1/5 cup / 3 dl heavy cream
4/5 cup/ 2 dl natural yoghurt 10%
2 gelatin leaves/sheets
4 tbsp. sugar
8 tbsp. water
8 tbsp. lemon juice
A couple of drops of food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 175°C /
- Stir together all ingredients to the cake.
- Bake in a buttered spring form (8 inches/ 20 cm in diameter) for approximately 20 -25 minutes.
- Put a side and let cool for about an hour in the fridge, before beginning with the next step.
- Place the gelatin leaves/sheets in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the egg yolks and icing sugar until it becomes white and puffy
- Whip the cream until it becomes mounted.
- Heat the juice and peel from the lemon in a pot.
- Remove the gelatin leaves/sheets from the water, squeeze the water out of them carefully. Melt together with the lemon on a low heat.
- Carefully fold in the egg mixture and whipped cream into the lemon mixture. Stir until it becomes even.
- Lastly add the yoghurt and stir carefully.
- Pour the batter over the chocolate cake and place carefully in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Place the gelatin sheets / leaves in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Heat all other ingredients in a small pot on a low heat until the sugar has melted.
- Squeeze the water out of the gelatin sheets/leaves and add into the sauce. Stir around until they have melted.
- Put aside to let it cool down for a few minutes.
- Remove the edges of the spring form and pour the sauce over the cake.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Garnish with fresh fruit and chocolate