who doesn’t love a nice Italian Pannacotta, it’s similar to a créme brûlèe yet immensely diverse. its a nice and simple, and can be prepared hours in advance.
Pannacotta is very easy to make and it has many different variations, but then again its impossible to grow sick of a dessert with many faces. This Pannacotta is a classic vanilla one, but its a bit different with caramelized apples and cinnamon. The hot apple sauce against the cold makes this very interesting, and makes it melt in your mouth.
you can easily make the pannacotta the day before your dinner party but i’d suggest that you prepare the apples just ahead of serving.
Vanilla Pannacotta with caramelized apples
0.6 cups/ 4 dl heavy cream
1 vanilla bean
0.4 /1 dl white sugar
2 gelatin sheet/ leaves
- Halve the vanilla bean lengthwise; scrape out the seeds with a knife. Heat the cream, vanilla bean and seeds in a pot. Place the gelatin leaves to soak in cold water.
- When the cream mixtures comes to boil. Remove the vanilla beans, then add the gelatin leaves/sheets and stir until they are dissolved. Pour in glasses or serving dishes.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours
9/10 of a pound / 400 g peeled apples
half stick/ 50 g butter
0.3 cups /0.75 dl brown sugar
0.5 tsp. cinnamon
- 10 minutes before serving, its time to begin with the caramelized apples, start by peeling and removing the seeds. Dice them in small pieces.
- Put in a sauce pan together with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon on low heat, until the apples has become soft and the mixture has come together, it takes approximates 10 minutes depending on how big one has diced the apples.
- Place on top of the Pannacotta.